COMMUNITY NEWS

The Old Vic Theatre Rise Open Auditions

Rise Auditions Booking is now open to audition for our next Community Company production Rise. 200 Londoners will take over an outdoor space to present a kaleidoscope of ideas, discussions

Canada Water Masterplan Exhibitions

Canada Water Masterplan Exhibitions Canada Water Masterplan is one of the most important planning developments in Rotherhithe. In February they’re running a drop-in exhibition on the emerging plans for Canada

Albion Street Civic Centre proposal

Albion Street Civic Centre proposal The regeneration of Albion Street is taking place at a pace that many in the area find too slow. The Old Library/Civic centre will be

The Friends of Southwark Park General Meeting

The Friends of Southwark Park General Meeting On  20th January, The Friends of Southwark Park will be holding a General Meeting at the park office located by the café in

COMMUNITY NEWS

Social Housing: Wherever I lay my cash, that’s my home!

The current housing crisis in London is forcing many to share houses or flats in conditions in which most of us will not accept as proper standards or even healthy

COMMUNITY NEWS

Bridging the future, the Rotherhithe Pedestrian crossing

Length (Openable span) 184m (2½ x jumbo jet) Height 74m closed, 98m open (above water) Weight (Openable span steel) 1200 tons (4 x weight of jumbo jet) Deck Width

COMMUNITY NEWS

Love your tweets, show me your money now

WISE16 Editorial: Love your tweets, show me your money now

COMMUNITY NEWS

London Bubble Theatre Winter Festival

Winter Festival with Creative Homes & Tea Break Theatre London Bubble’s Tea Break Theatre and Creative Homes groups have been busy making things these past few months – pom poms,

COMMUNITY NEWS

Bermondsey and Rotherhithe Community Council

Bermondsey and Rotherhithe Community Council   From 7pm the meeting offers you the opportunity to work with local councilors in workshops and consultations to discuss items of local importance. From

COMMUNITY NEWS

Age UK Campaign: Keep Warm and Well in Winter Programme

Keep Warm and Well in Winter Programme Age UK Lewisham & Southwark’s Warm and Well in Winter (WWW) Programme provides support and advice for older people in Southwark on