No Covid-19 symptoms? Book a rapid test to help control the virus
Southwark Council is now offering free, rapid COVID-19 tests to people who don’t have Covid symptoms and results are usually available within an hour.
Who can get tested for Covid-19
The council is encouraging anyone who can’t work from home to get a free test (called a lateral flow test). This includes key workers such as
- constructions workers
- council workers
- education sector workers
- emergency sector workers
- hospitality sector workers
- leisure sector workers
- personal care sector workers
- refuse collectors
- retail sector worker
- transport sector worker
- voluntary sector worker
This list is not exclusive and the test is also available for
- Those who work in another sector not listed above
- people visiting vulnerable person
- potential exposure to a Covid-19 positive person
- or anyone in Southwark who would like to know if they are positive.
Businesses are encourage to consider booking regular tests (up to twice a week) for you and your staff.
Why you should get tested
- 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 have no symptoms. Regular testing helps you avoid spreading it to customers, colleagues, clients or those you live with
- Covid numbers are very high. Rapid tests help find more cases and help control the virus
- Rapid tests are painless and results are available in less than an hour
When to not book a test
- do not book a rapid, lateral flow test if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Instead, self-isolate and book a free NHS test on the government website
- do not book a rapid, lateral flow test if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Instead, stay at home and self-isolate
What to expect when booking the test
When you book a lateral flow test we will ask you for:
- date of birth
- email address
- phone number
- ethnicity, gender and reason for test (optional questions)
Your details will be passed to NHS Test and Trace if your test is positive.
What to bring to your appointment
- your booking confirmation
- your smartphone (if you have one)
- a face covering
At your appointment, before doing your test, you will be asked to register.
If you develop symptoms after booking a lateral flow test
Where is the testing site?
The testing centre is at the Damilola Taylor Centre, 1e Surrey Grove, Peckham SE15 6DR and is open from 18 January. More sites will open soon.