Southwark Council has announced the re-opening of the Reuse and Recycling Centre after being closed due the restrictions in place due to the coronavirus COVID-19. The service will be restricted as indicated in the information published on the council’s website shown below.
We expect many people will want to use the service immediately therefore you may consider delay until later time to visit the centre unless it’s totally necessary. Ensure you follow the instructions and bring the necessary paperwork with you
Information published by Southwark Council
Until further notice, all residents must obtain a permit in advance to use the recycling centre. You cannot enter the site without a permit. You can apply below, and permits are free of charge.
If you’re a Southwark resident you can dispose of a wide range of unwanted household and garden items at the Recycling Centre for free. The Recycling Centre can only be used for household waste.
You’ll need to display a valid resident permit and ID which shows your Southwark address when you arrive at the Recycling Centre. You can only visit on the date and times shown on your permit. You should bring a current UK photo-card driving licence and one of the following:
- current Council Tax bill
- recent utility bill
- recent bank statement
You must not visit the Recycling Centre if you are:
- classed as extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19)
- in a 14-day household isolation because a member of your household is symptomatic
If any member of the household has had coronavirus symptoms:
Households that are self isolating because a member of the household has had coronavirus symptoms should follow the UK Governments stay at home advice. This requires you to:
- store personal waste such as tissues and disposable cleaning cloths within disposable rubbish bags
- place these bags into another bag, tied securely and keep it separate from other waste
- these bags should be put aside for a minimum of 72 hours (3 days) before you put them in your general waste bin
- you cannot take this type of waste to the Recycling Centre
Please read Obtaining a resident Permit for the RRC information before booking a time slot.
See the government’s stay at home and social distancing guidance.
For the latest information on recycling and bin collections in Southwark, click on the Southwark Council logo
Updated on 12th May 2020