Southwark Park Consultation
Southwark Park Improvements Consultation
In March 2015, Southwark Council consulted with local residents and park users on a number of options to improve Southwark Park. Some of the outcomes of this consultation are summarised below:
- Many of those who responded would like to see a new building, which will house public toilets, a new café and a park office, located within or adjacent to the existing Café Gallery.
- Of the three options put forward for the redevelopment of the nursery site, those who responded to the consultation were most likely to prefer the idea of an access-only area for school or community use.
- The council is in now developing the plans for the new building and nursery site based on the feedback received last March and is now inviting further feedback on a number of options to inform the development of these areas.
Café, toilets and Park Office
The council has some initial proposals for the new building including its location by the lake and its general layout. They would love to hear what you think about this.
Design of the nursery site
Three options for the design of the nursery site all of which will be controlled access for schools and community groups:
- Horticulture – A variety of planting invites you into the site which includes a mixture of raised beds and cultivated planting
- Art – a tour of different views of the site and art installations which lead you through the site
- Play – a design using varieties of apple trees and installations of tree houses which act as playful structures allowing users to interact with the trees
This element of the project will also include the removal of the current park office building, café and containers with allows this area to be opened up to the park.
The Survey and consultation exhibition
To have your say on these proposals please click below to complete the online survey
[button link=”https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/environment-leisure/southwarkpark” size=”large” icon=”fa-globe” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”b70900″ textcolor=”ffffff”]Southwark Park Consultation Online Survey[/button]
If you would like to see these boards or speak to a member of the team, please come along to the exhibition being held next to the play area in Southwark Park.
The exhibition will be open daily from 10am to 2pm during Easter half term week (29 March – 8 April) and at weekends from 10am to 2pm until the consultation closes on 10 April.
For any enquiries regarding the above please email
[button link=”mailto:Hemali.firstname.lastname@example.org” size=”default” icon=”fa-envelope-o” side=”left” target=”” color=”000000″ textcolor=”ffffff”]Hemali.email@example.com[/button]
Southwark Park Consultation Boards Direct Links
View the consultation plans for the café, parks office, toilets, athletics building and the nursery site.
[button link=”http://www.southwark.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/13253/southwark_park_-_old_nursery_consultation_boards” size=”large” icon=”fa-globe” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”b70900″ textcolor=”ffffff”]Southwark Park – Old Nursery Consultation Boards (1.84 MB PDF)[/button]
[button link=”http://www.southwark.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/13254/southwark_park_-_new_building_consultation_board” size=”large” icon=”fa-globe” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”b70900″ textcolor=”ffffff”]Southwark Park – New Building Consultation Board (3.9 MB PDF)[/button]
[button link=”http://www.southwark.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/11647/southwark_park_-_athletics_building_proposal” size=”large” icon=”fa-globe” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”b70900″ textcolor=”ffffff”]Southwark Park – Athletics Building Proposal (2.1 MB PDF)[/button]