Wednesday work days are a great opportunity to learn a wide variety of conservation and habitat management skills. Sessions are either run on site at Lavender Pond, which involves woodland and wetland management, or at local offsite projects which focus more on pond and wetland management. All sessions begin with an explanation of how and why we are doing the tasks that week. When working offsite, volunteers can either meet at Lavender Pond and travel with the TCV team in their van, or meet them at the worksite
If you would like to take part, get in touch with TCV Lavender Pond, see contact details on this page.
Dates and location
Please click on the relevant date to read more about the activities on that day. You can get in touch with TCV directly if you have further queries about any of the scheduled dates or require further information.
- Wednesday 27th November 2019, Wednesday volunteering at Lavender Pond
- Saturday 30th November 2019, Tree Planting Day. celebrate national tree week by helping to plant 50 hedgerow trees to border a lawn next to the nature reserve
- Wednesday 4th December 2019,Wednesday volunteering at Lavender Pond
- Wednesday 4th December 2019, Tree Felling (Stave Hill). TCV volunteers return to Stave Hill to fell three trees that are growing over the fenceline to the school next door, and to continue with the clearance works they began earlier this year.
- Wednesday 11th December 2019, Wednesday volunteering at Lavender Pond
- Wednesday 18th December 2019, Wednesday volunteering at Lavender Pond
Telephone: 020 7237 9165
Disclaimer: WISE16 cannot be held responsible for any event changes or cancellation. We strongly recommend to check with the organiser if you have any questions, especially for those events which require paying a fee.